Menu
Nicals
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Recordings juddery

Hi

I have started to get issues when watching recordings on my TV. I’m not sure if V6 box.

The playback is jerky and stops..starts but pixelated, then plays for a short period and then does the same. This happens on most channels, but in particular BBC channels. 

Anyone else had this issue and know fix please? 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recordings juddery

You can check which box you have, on this page 

The principle of your issue will be the same regardless, it's just sometimes useful to know which box you have.

You've not mentioned any issues with live TV, so I'll assume that's good. That's your TV signals proven ok. You've not mentioned OnDemand, that would be an internet issue.

If you're having problems with any recorded or paused/delayed programming, that points at a hard drive issue. A good test is to watch a channel live and see if it's ok (if not, that's probably a signal issue) - now press pause on your remote, and/or rewind, and play the programme. It's now playing back from your hard drive.

If that proves the diagnosis, then HDD issues aren't fixable and are likely to get worse over time. Calling VM faults should be the way to do - 150 (from a VM phone) or 0345 4541111 (from any other phone) and follow the "I have a fault with my TV service" options.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Nicals,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your TV box. Have you tried the great advice given by @Jappits?

Have you also tried rebooting your TV box to see if the issue persists? https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-restart-or-reset-your-box#tab2

Please get back to us when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Nicals
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice.

I reset the box and it appears to be okay at the moment. 

🤞it will stay okay 

0 Kudos