Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Recordings Corrupted

Hi guys,

I've had Virgin Media for a month now and have been mostly satisfied, bar 2 issues, both of which are really dampening the product/experience. 

Firstly, I've found of late all of my recordings are corrupting and are pixelated, faster tempo than they should be and blurry? I can't record anything anymore because of this.

Secondly, my 2nd tivo box upstairs has an awfu WIFI signal, as is all the internet reception in the bedroom the 2nd box is in. I'm really disappointed by this as the 2nd box and faster internet speeds were my bighest reason for switching to Virgin. I need this fixing as at the minute, half of the benefits of virgin are just not happening. 

Please help and save me cancelling this otherwise wondeful product.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recordings Corrupted

Try a pair of powerline adapters for the upstairs V6. If this doesn't work then the only reliable solution is an Ethernet cable.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'm loathed to spend more money for my internet to work when I got the Virgin package on the promise of faster internet all around the house. I'm thankful for your help but I need Virgin to sort this out really, not my wallet!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

VM doesn't guarantee WiFi speeds as they are outside its control.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/speeds

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos