cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording issues

Jj73
Tuning in

Wonder if anyone can help me with an issue on my TiVo box.

on 5/7 one of my recording didn’t record, even though it was listed in my recorded programmes.

since this date numerous programmes don’t record, though they are listed as a planned recording, and also, they look as though they are recording. I have also noticed that since this date a lot of the programmes are in my recorded programmes, but, you have to stream from an on demand service (5OD for example).

I have also now noticed in my “planned recordings” are all the recordings I had planned since 5/7 (the date it all started to go wobbly). 

some programmes have been recording fine since the above date, and the majority of the non recordings are live programmes.

wonder if anyone has any thoughts at all?

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sorry to say I'm not quite following, but I'll throw in some general TiVo/V6 (same software) advice and please do help me understand where you're coming from....

Any programme covered by a series-link that doesn't record, will list the reason under the "Recording Hiccups" folder. Follow Home > My Shows > Recording Hiccups. Depending how many SL's you have, this might involved a lot of scrolling through!

A series-link has the option of including.... "recordings only" or "recordings & streaming video". If you choose the latter, a VoD bookmark will appear whenever one is available, but a recording will always take preference. A VoD bookmark is designed to behave like a recording and appear in your "my Shows" folder.

Are there any specific programmes/series-links that you're having issues with? If you do, please provide some specific examples and I'll take a look....,

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Jj73,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am very sorry to hear you're having some problems with your recordings. From what you've explained, this is only affecting certain recordings you have set up and not all of them, is that correct? Have you also followed the advice offered by @japitts in their earlier post?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thanks for your reply’s both. 
I resolved it myself, I turned it off and back on. Bingo. 
Seemed like it was stuck in a time warp, of 5th July, and resetting, reset the time! If only life was that easy ay!

Glad to hear the issue was resolved @Jj73.

Please continue to monitor this and let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs