Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Recording bt sport uhd on v6

Sound issue when recording BT Sport uhd channel. Sound is Brocken as if my attery is unning out Smiley Happy

Only channel it happens on is Bt ultimate but sound is fine if I watch it live.

V6 box to Sony AF8 via high speed HDMI.

additional comment: seems I'm one of very many who are experiencing the same issue, Virgin are really rubbish at customer service, as long as they get your cash they couldn't care less.  Sky have some good deals at the minute!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recording bt sport uhd on v6

Same issue, renders the channel unwatchable and not fit for purpose.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Recorded west ham v man city game today.broken sound made it unwatchable.same as the charity shield game

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Y'all better sort this out before you show a United game, or I'll have to put up with Sky's slow broadband and you'll have to explain to Sir Richard why he could only have one bottle of wine with dinner.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Same issue here I have 3 V6 boxes and they're all asm bad as each other. I phoned customer services they're sending an engineer out on Tuesday. Not holding my breath Will let you know what he says.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Cheers Al.  Seems to work OK live, so that would suggest that either the write speed on the hard drive is too low for the extra data in the HD/UHD signal, or the driver/controller is the bottleneck.  Either way, livid.

It's definitely the record phase, not the playback phase, i.e.  play it back, rewind, play again and the error is always in exactly the same place.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I too had the same problems.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Interesting comments Rupe. Thanks I'll put the idea to the engineer tomorrow. I'm not clued up on the sort of things you mention but if it was write speed would'nt it affect the picture as well as sound. I recorded half an hour from the BT channel this morning (no programme just the advertising show they put on) and there was no problem at all. The other thing I notice is that the sound is worse during the live show than during the reruns.Bearing in mind this problem started since the channel changed it's name I wonder whether there's a technical difference between the sound transmitted from the old channel and the new one. If anyone at Virgin picks this up it might be worth doing some digging. The next actual show on the Ultimate channel is Speedway this evening I'll record 30 minutes of that to see how it compares.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I'll try to do the same, so if we then compare where the sound drops out (or in my case, where it works) we should be able to figure out if it's signal or hardware.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rupe. I recorded the Speedway which started at 7:30 pm there were 3 short blips at 11 42 and 63 seconds then a long period of very bad sound from 2min 46 secs for about 85 seconds. Didn't watch any further. Interested if you tried it?

0 Kudos