Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Recording a PPV Boxing Event

I believe I know the answer, but thought I'd check again.   Can you record and watch back at your leisure a PPV event on Virgin.   There is boxing being shown tomorrow night and replayed on Sunday up until 4pm, however I am out and don't return until Sunday late night.    I don't think you can record it which is a real pain because I get to miss the boxing and Virgin loses out on some money because there is no point me buying the PPV.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recording a PPV Boxing Event

PPV's can NOT be recorded for later playback.

@STORM_WARRIOR wrote:

I believe I know the answer, but thought I'd check again.   Can you record and watch back at your leisure a PPV event on Virgin.   There is boxing being shown tomorrow night and replayed on Sunday up until 4pm, however I am out and don't return until Sunday late night.    I don't think you can record it which is a real pain because I get to miss the boxing and Virgin loses out on some money because there is no point me buying the PPV.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS & UHD/HDR)
VIVID 500 (500/35mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD + 2 minis)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

On Demand streams do not have a channel or EPG (guide) number. This is a technical requirement for them to be recorded, & that has always been the case.

I also assume Virgins rights do not extend to recording. The event organiser would be the loser, as the majority of the subs from purchasing a viewing goes to them.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The fact that it's a PPV event has nothing to do with not being able to technically record it as it's quite possible to record unicast streams. There is however the issue that the content owner might not be agreeable to permitting this to be done.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos