Menu
Margaret-J
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Recording Pixilation

Since last Wednesday evening, recording from any of the sports channels is unwatchable.  The screen keeps breaking up and the sound cuts in and out.  It also happens when I pause any of these channels.  It appears to only be the sports channels.

I have done the usual turning the box off at the wall and I've checked all the connections, though if that was the issue, it would be on all channels.

Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recording Pixilation

Hi this usually points to a signal level issue phone go down the TV faults route they can check the levels while you're on the line and if necessary arrange for a engineer to adjust the levels between your box and the street cabinet. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

A warm welcome to our Community Forum  Margaret-J and sorry to hear about the pixelation issue with your recorded programs. I've tried to take a sneaky peek at your TV box's details but it's currently on standby so I'm unable to. Please switch it on and let us know so we can take a look to see what's happening in the background.

Whilst I'm here, may I also whether the pixelation happens when watching the channels live channels too or just the recordings? Does it happen on any other channel?

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Margaret-J
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa

Thanks for your reply.

I've just popped the box on.  It does only seem to happen on the sports channels (all of them) I haven't had the issue on any of the others.  When I am watching live it's perfectly fine but if I pause the program, when it restarts it pixilates and the same with any recorded sport.

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Margaret-J I can see the details now. I've had a look and can't find any issues. Can you make sure that the box itself is well ventilated? Can you also try a different HDMI cable and check what resolution your V6 box is set to? Please see this link for more information on how to do this. 

I'm sorry for the questions, as I can't find find any issues with your TV levels, we need a clearer picture of what is going on and will allow us to check your levels again. 

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Margaret-J
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa

I've changed the HDMI cable and can confirm that the box is well ventilated.  In the settings it is set to 720p which says is the correct format for my TV.  I've just checked if pausing/recording was working on Sky Sports Main Event and it's still doing it.

Anything else I can try?

Thanks

Margaret

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for giving those steps a try Margaret. Unfortunately I think this will require the attention of an engineer at this stage, so I have booked you in with the next available appointment.  

You can find the appointment time slot via your online account (virg.in/myVM) it can also be rescheduled or cancelled from there if needed.

If there's anything else in the meantime please give us another shout.

Tom

0 Kudos