cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording Fault

ian2958
Tuning in

For some reason a lot of our planned recordings will either start late and we miss the program start or it records in two sections. It will record the first 10 minutes then stop for a few minutes then start again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tavis75
Super solver

That sounds to me like the box is crashing and rebooting mid-recording, possibly a hard disk issue or other fault. I would suggest calling it in as a fault and getting an engineer out who will hopefully replace the V6 box.

They may potentially try and swap it for a 360 box, but I would suggest avoiding that as the 360 is missing a lot of features that the V6 has.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Tavis75
Super solver

That sounds to me like the box is crashing and rebooting mid-recording, possibly a hard disk issue or other fault. I would suggest calling it in as a fault and getting an engineer out who will hopefully replace the V6 box.

They may potentially try and swap it for a 360 box, but I would suggest avoiding that as the 360 is missing a lot of features that the V6 has.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @ian2958 

Rcordings stopping and restarting again does sound like a hard drive issue. What happens if you pause a live program for a few minutes and then restart it again? If  you have probelms doing that then it would confirm it's the hard drive at fault and the box will need replacing. If the box is replaced you will lose all your recordings and series links so best to watch all that you can and make a note of the series links.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ian2958 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your box.

I'll drop you a private message now to collect some more information and investigate further, keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs