cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recorded programs

Philstringy
Dialled in

Hi,

A fair few of the programs we record to watch later on the V6 box are unwatchable - freezing, sound out of sync, pixelating etc.

We tried to watch the first of the series The reunion last night and couldn't watch it so we ended up watching it on ITV x.  We then watched the second one which we'd recorded and it was fine.  It does seem to happen a lot on recorded programs.  Can someone advise and / or check our system please?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've not mentioned any problems with live TV so presumably that's fine.

Try pausing live TV for a short time and watch it delayed - this is also a recording and uses the V6's hard drive in exactly the same way.

If this is problematic, your V6 has a hard drive fault which you should report by the usual methods. A tech will likely replace your V6.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your reply

No, Live TV is fine and if / when we pause then start watching again it plays fine.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Problems with live TV are usually caused by signal issues which cause pixellation on the live feed. That will be recorded.

Hard drive problems will affect all recorded content indiscriminately.

If both of those have been eliminated, the logical conclusion is that the live TV feed had a problem at the time of recording.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

It's happening regularly on recorded programmes but not every single time, some are absolutely fine.

This sounds like it could be an issue

"Hard drive problems will affect all recorded content indiscriminately

Thanks for your input

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The other possibility is that only a small proportion of the HDD is affected so far, and any recordings (or delayed TV) that uses those sectors, breaks up.

This won't repair itself and will gradually get worse over time.

Philstringy
Dialled in

Thanks for your help, hopefully Virgin will be along soon to help

Hi @Philstringy, thank you for your posts 😀

We're sorry to hear about the problem you're experiencing 😔

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner. 

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Thank you for your support @japitts 👍

Regards,
Daniel