Menu
Laurennnxo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Recorded Playback Jumpy and Skipping

Hi Guys,

I have been a Virgin Customer for over 4 years not and have had my V6 for 2 or 3 years...
All of a sudden any time I want to watch playback the video is all jumpy and keeps skipping. I thought maybe it was just 1 show but its happening to everything I record!

I have tried looking for help on VM website but nothing is specific to this, I have restarted the box and checked service status but still don't have a clue what's causing it.

Its so annoying and impossible to watch anything without missing bits when it skips!

Has anyone else had this issue and can offer some help?

Thanks

Lauren 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recorded Playback Jumpy and Skipping

You've not mentioned, but is live TV ok?

How about if you pause/rewind live TV?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Laurennnxo
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Live TV is fine! I can pause and rewind and have no issues at all! 
I am noticing a lag with my remote sometimes. I have a pin for programs after 9pm and it sometimes doesn't recognise when I press a number OR it duplicates my press... It almost seems like the battery is dying but I have changed and it's still the same. Not sure if it is linked?

I have the same remote issue when watching on demand shows that are part of my package but those shows aren't jumpy like recorded playback. Once or twice a week I can't watch on demand as it says there was an error but if I leave it for an hour or so it sorts itself out. Playback has been troublesome for about a week now.

Sorry if all that's a bit all over the place, not sure what's linked!

Thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Live TV comes in over your cable connection, you've said that's fine. Recorded programmes and "paused/rewind" live TV is then played from your hard drive.

It could be that there were problems with the TV signal on particular programmes? Setting new recordings and watching those, is a good way to test that.

OnDemand programmes come in over your internet connection.

Regardless of programme source, it's then fed to your TV over an HDMI cable.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Laurennnxo
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I did think is it just the 1 program as it was recorded for 3 consecutive night and all 3 episodes were jumpy. But then I went to watch a completely different show on a different channel and that is behaving the same! 

Both shows were recorded the same week but all on different days...

I actually rarely watch live TV, could it have been an issue with the TV that week that the recordings picked up? 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Laurennnxo wrote:

I actually rarely watch live TV, could it have been an issue with the TV that week that the recordings picked up? 

Try it. Have a channel on, that you'd otherwise record from. See if it's ok live. Then pause it or rewind it. See what happens.

0 Kudos