Menu
Shadows
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Receiving signal error on tv and V6 not connecting

I've called Virgin and they've told me, they've  sent signal to my V6. Still not working. Would be grateful for assistance. 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Receiving signal error on tv and V6 not connecting

Hi is this a new box or a replacement. Regards Micky
Shadows
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

New box

0 Kudos
Shadows
Tuning in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Apologies for my lack of manners.I'm still figuring out how to use the ' reply' on the forum. Thank you.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shadows,

What error message/number are you seeing?

Usually with a new box it's error 7400 which means the box needs activating.

Have you tried calling the automated activation line  0800 953 9500 to activate the box? You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code.

You could also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

You could also try the following :- VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the box should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes, however sometimes this fails and the advice is to sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the equipment you are installing. By doing this VM will be able to reboot the box or put you in touch with the right team.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@Shadows wrote:

Apologies for my lack of manners.I'm still figuring out how to use the ' reply' on the forum. Thank you.

Please don't worry, newapollo has given you the correct information, activation number 0800 9539500 is probably the best option. Regards Micky 

Shadows
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

HDMI no signal and l've talked to Virgin 6 times now) and some of them tell me my box is activated or they are sending the signal. Still nothing. Light on the box still amber. I've rebooted so many times

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Shadows,

The HDMI no signal may be coming from your TV and not the V6 box.

Have you tried different HDMI cables and also different HDMI ports. It's best to turn your equipment off and then back on when testing different ports.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

Shadows
Tuning in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I've had to use the old HDMI cable, connected to my old Tivo box. My new V6 package had no HDMI cables or Ethernet cables. My V6 box is having to use WiFi to connect..and l keep getting no signal. I am on the phone to Virgin ( right now). Managed to talk to a lady who's directed me to Set- Up team. Am still waiting ( 45 mins, now) and no response, so far. Changed the ports...worse- can't use remote control to access the Virgin settings on TV

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Shadows,

If your old box was a TIVO and not a V6 then VM should have sent out a new V6 remote.

If you already have a V6 remote then it will need pairing to the new box. Follow the instructions on this page lost-or-damaged-tv-remote 

You can also order a V6 remote from this page and further down the page is a link to download the TV Control app to use as a temporary remote

virgin-tv-lost-or-damaged-tv-remote/download-tv-control-app 

Dave

0 Kudos