Menu
blueboxmedia
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Rebooting to watch Netflix and other on demand

Not sure if this is a local issue, but this has been going on for a few years now, especially with Netflix but also happens with prime and on demand, e.g channel 4. 

With Netflix we get the message "we are having trouble playing this title at the moment please try again later..." bottom right tvq-pb101(5.2.12)  reboot solves issue. Can't remember what error code I get with on demand but reboot always solves it. Any help would be appreciated 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Rebooting to watch Netflix and other on demand

Are you watching on a 4K UHD TV? Or a Samsung TV?

If it affects C4 OnDemand, it likely affects all of OnDemand, I don't believe there's any technical differences between the channels, and the underlying VOD platform is the same.

The error code would be useful - there's a few possible causes of this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
blueboxmedia
Tuning in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Its a Sony TV. Yes its 4k. But previous tv was not. (had new tv last week) I do keep switching back to 1080p on setting. Does seem to change back.

Will try and get an error code for OD channels. Mainly effects Netflix which we watch most nights. (get no error code on this)

Is it something I need Virgin to look at?

0 Kudos
blueboxmedia
Tuning in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

603 is the error code for on demand. Recently we get the virgin picture sting and then freezes, can not access on demand. 

0 Kudos
blueboxmedia
Tuning in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, Yes its 603 for us too. Has been like this for a few years now. Wonder if its a box issue?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

You need to follow the instructions for fault 603  <<< here >>> 

If you change HDMI cables and/or HDMI ports make sure you reboot your equipment so the devices handshake with each other.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
blueboxmedia
Tuning in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Dave but that hasn't really helped. The link tells me everything is ok when rebooting. It's not a HDMI Issue either. Sounds like a network issue dropping out maybe
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Forgive me for selectively quoting for a second, but in post 1 of this thread, you said "reboot always solves it", you've now said "everything is ok when rebooting".

This tells me a software or possibly compatibility issue is your problem.

I'm not sure what you mean by "network issue dropping out maybe" - your V6 has a wired/wireless connection to your homehub, which then connects to the internet. You can easily check the link status by following Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and looking in the top-right

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
blueboxmedia
Tuning in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Sorry If have have confused.  Let me explain the issues......So, Netflix loads ok. But when we select a film to play we get this message. "we're having trouble playing this title at the moment. Please try again later or select a different title" A reboot of  v6 solves this issue. Always.  This happens at least 3 times during the week. This also happens with prime.

Our v6 box is wired in. So thought maybe something is dropping somewhere for netflix to get an issue playing the film. As a reboot solves this issue. I have tried re-loading nextflix via the settings (sometimes this can work other times not. Have tried looking at network setting and everything seems as it should do. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Does this happen with iPlayer?

Or OnDemand that doesn't use any apps? (in other words, non-BBC)?

What's the make & model of your TV?

0 Kudos