Menu
duncanshanks
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Really bad pixalation on HD channels

Really bad pixalation on HD channels. Have switched both boxes off at the switch on the back and re-started, but the issues remains. Have run online diagnostics from these pages an no fault is found(?). The reason I left Sky was for this issue and I don't expect this to happen on a fibre optic cable. Especially for the amount of money you take from each month!!!!

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Really bad pixalation on HD channels

Hi this usually indicates a signal level issue, phone go down the TV faults route they can check the levels while you are on the line and if necessary arrange for an engineer to adjust the levels between your box and the street cabinet.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi duncanshanks

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community, 

My apologies for the TV issue. It does need a technician visit. I'll PM you now to assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

As Micky has already mentioned but I'll go a little further if it's ok... pixellation is how a digital TV system exhibits signal issues. So on any digital TV system, the cure to pixellation is to resolve the underlying signal issue.

In VM's case this will either be a fault on your box, or a cabling issue somewhere - VM's diagnostics can start to determine this, once they're made aware you have a fault. This means a call to TV faults on 150 (or 0345 4541111) and follow the option for "I have a fault with my TV service".

In the meantime, are there any particular or specific channels that are worst affected?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for joining me on PM, duncanshanks

Just to update the thread, the technician visit was booked in

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
duncanshanks
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi John

The engineer came out last Friday and made off the connections on the cables to the splitters and the boxes. However, the problem has re-occurred again. The pixel isati9n is has returned. We are really getting feb up with it now.

thanks 

Duncan

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Report it again. It may need other fixes and/or investigation, but likely another engineer visit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
duncanshanks
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi John

The engineer came out last Friday and made off the connections on the cables to the splitters and the boxes. However, the problem has re-occurred again. The pixelisation is has returned. We are really getting feb up with it now.

Thanks 

Duncan

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey @duncanshanks,

I have been able to look at the information on your account and can see that your signal levels are really low and this will be causing the pixelation again.

I have arranged for the appointment and you can find all the information that you need about your appointment on your online account and clicking My Account and Order tracking.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos