Menu
markyc0
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re access old V6 Boxes

Hi,

ok so i have a question, i have been a Virginmedia customer ever since it was NTL world, since then we have had various upgrades and downgrades, but we have always had a VG account. 2 years ago we had TV Services, BT and Broadband, then we moved and we just had Broadband and BT, but we kept our V6 boxes. 2 years on we are just upgrading our service again to include TV Multiroom, so we have had 1 V6 box sent out and all is well, now i have ordered another 4 Tivo boxes for the multiroom, but i already have 2 V6 boxes just gathering dust so was wondering if i can use these on the system?

Thoughts please

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Re access old V6 Boxes

No, you can’t use these ‘old’ V6s.

They should previously have been returned to Virgin Media and I suspect that you will have a debt against you from your previous home for non-return of them.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It would be sensible in this case to waive any debt as VM can reregister the V6s if necessary so that they could then be reactivated.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
markyc0
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I really no not understand why they can be reassigned to another account, it is such a waste and something VM need to sort out, not just the carbon footprint but what a waste of money and tech.

As far as i am concerned i paid £99 per box and when we downgraded the service we offered to send them back and VM said it was not necessary.

0 Kudos