Menu
Smasher
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 restarting

This is still happening. Yeah the V6 box seems to crash and update. Its still not been right since this original post and restarts on average every 2 days. How do I go about getting a replacement box sent out as I have been unable to contact VM customer service

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Faults reporting is available 2 ways.

1: 150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

2: Waiting on here for VM staff to respond, this may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @Smasher

Thank you for coming back to us,  I have just looked over your previous chats here and can see that we booked an engineer for you, how did the engineer visit go? 

Did he manage to get the issue resolved at the time? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Smasher
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, when the engineer came he split the cable. The box started to play up again a couple of days after. Then it's been restarting literally every couple of days and it's very frustrating. I can't fault the Internet at the moment, but the TV is a chore to view it seems. 

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Smasher, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one and apologies to hear that this is still an error for you. 

I have taken a look at the stats on the box and it is presenting a lot of errors. Your signal levels could do with adjusting too. 

I would like to arrange for another engineer to come to take a look at this for you. As you have already had one within 30 days, this one will be a senior. 

I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Smasher, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this with the information I needed 🙂

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. We cannot confirm the appointment time slot publicly, so to view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM

If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Smasher
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Fault

I have had a replacement box as mine kept restarting due to an issue. The box worked for a bout a week and yet again is restarting. Its even more frustrating as its restarting during live football games. I don't understand what is so difficult to get right and rectify. I am also moving house soon and again unable to get through to anyone for a response to inform them. Surely there is a get out clause in the contract as this is getting beyond a joke now. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fault

@Smasher 

To keep a bit of continuity, I've merged your post into your previous thread - but will flag this post for staff attention sooner than you'd otherwise get.

In the meantime, you might be able to resolve your home move issue by using the webform that should be linked from https://www.virginmedia.com/help/moving-home 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fault

Thanks for coming back to us Smasher.

I've seeked to book a senior engineer for you, with the advice that we've had multiple engineers to your property previously, and we have also performed a box swap for you

Do please check your self-care account for the date and time slot of the visit I've booked in

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos