cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: V6 recordings freezing

Ziggy22
Joining in

Hi, I have the same problem with recordings on my V6 box freezing on playback - have tried rebooting, disconnecting and reconnecting cables etc. with no success.

Called 150 on New Year's Day and the technician told me to clear the suggestions and that hopefully this would help - sadly it didn't. 

I am pretty sure it's a hard drive issue as no problem with streaming, navigating, internet connection etc. but he said from what he could see the hard drive is fine. He said he couldn't book an engineer unless the system told him to so not keen to try 150 again as it usually takes ages to get through.

Any other suggestions welcome?!

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Ziggy22,

I'm so sorry to hear you're having some problems with your TV recordings recently.

Is this ongoing today? If so, is this affecting all of your recordings that you're aware of? Can you also confirm how much space you have left for recordings currently?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach,

Yes it is still ongoing and as far as I know it affects all recordings, it has been like this for months and there is no pattern - impossible to be sure without watching them all!

The hard drive is only used to 28% so it is not that it is full and struggling.

Thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've not mentioned issues with live TV, so I presume you don't have any - try pausing a live channel for a short time and then resume watching in delayed mode. This is effectively a recording and uses your hard drive in exactly the same way.

If you do have hard drive issues, then paused and delayed TV will be affected too.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes that is a problem too thanks

Hi Zach or anyone else at the forum team - any chance you can pick this up again please?

Hi @Ziggy22

Thanks for letting us know about this issue.

From what you have mentioned on this thread it does seem like there may be an issue with the actual box itself.

I will send you a PM so I can take some details and look into this further.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules