Menu
TheWolfather
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box stuck on welcome screen

Hi 

Sorry to bump this older  post but my Tivo box is doing the same thing as the 2 previous people.

So as of yesterday my Tivo keeps rebooting and I have seen the white box icon with the black arrow pointing down.

I have tried disconnecting all my Tivo cables and reconnecting everything/rebooting, my broadband is fine but I think I might need the Tivo replacing.

I have had VM services since 2008 and we have moved twice in that time, not sure how old the box is but will be at least a few years old,

please help thanks.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@TheWolfather 

I've moved your "me too" post to a new one for you 🙂

A TiVo or V6 that's rebooting more than occasionally, is a faulty box. I'd recommend you call VM Faults and report yours.

150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone, and follow the options for "I have a fault with my TV service"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
TheWolfather
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

Thanks my wife is gonna give them a call right now since I am at work.

0 Kudos
TheWolfather
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

So actually I spoke to VM customer services a few days ago after waiting an hour to get through, I got through to someone incredibly clueless,

all she had to do was sent us out a new V6 box but she prattled on and on and said the only way a v6 box can be replaced is to send an engineer out

and he will bring a replacement box with him.

I am pretty **bleep** off because the engineer showed up yesterday (was a 4pm-7pm slot) and although he was helpful he tried a few things such as a factory reset of the V6 but he said whoever I spoke to was completely in the wrong and they should have just sent out the replacement V6 box because the engineers do not carry these with them on the van.

He said he would request a box be sent out to us and I would get an email but I've had no email and if I login to my VM account there is no open orders.

I really do not want to waste another hour on the phone! I would appreciate it if someone could make sure the replacement V6 box is on its way

0 Kudos