Menu
sjh37
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box requires daily reboot to get on demand services working

I too have the exact same problem. I have a Samsung Q60R 4k tv using a very good HDMI cable.

I also get a blank screen now again, but can see the menu system ok. Only way to fix this is to reboot.

Same error codes for Netflix too, and again, the only way to fix this is to reboot.

Virgin Media - Please Please Please fix this. It drives me and my family absolutely crazy having to do a reboot 50% of the time we want to watch the TV.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
neilrmason
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

hi sjh37

I feel your pain. I would say the steps I have taken have very much improved the reliability of the connection and I very rarely have to reboot. 

I must point out that it only impacts me when I watch Netflix and some of the higher definition material. I will summarise my findings.

1) Cable.

I thought I had good cables as well, but seriously try the one I recommend (Audioquest Forest). Maybe on a sale or return basis. Not only has it helped the issue it gave a vast improvement of the picture quality. 

2) TIVO picture settings - VIDEO OUTPUT FORMATS

enable : 

2160p

2160p 24/25/30fps (pass-through)

and 1080p 24/25/30fps (pass-through)

3) After changing the video output settings reboot the box

I only ever reboot the box with the Samsung TV switched on.

So, that is all i can say or recommend you do. Reading about the new 360box I fear these types of issues are with us for the long run. Given the recent monthly price hike I am on the verge of moving to a new TV service

good luck

Neil

beavisandniko
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

I had the same problem,  changed my ethernet cable to a cat 6. Problem solved. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos