Menu
Grizilda
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box loses picture and sound for a couple of seconds then picture comes back

We have this exact same problem - would be interested in replies. We have run the checks online - it reported that it had found an issue and told us to restart the box - which we did. Same thing happens. We have swapped HDMI cables and ports on the TV but nothing clears it. 

Am about to report an issue with the box to virgin.

Edit - we have this issue on all channels and VoD. Typically though, its "intermittent" - as all problems are....

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box loses picture and sound for a couple of seconds then picture comes back

@Grizilda 

Better to start your own post when there's the possibility of faulty kit, amongst other things it avoids confused replies.

Do you have a V6 box, or different model?

When did this problem start for you?

Are you watching on a 4K UHD or Samsung TV? And what's your video output set to?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Grizilda
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Apologies  - should I move this?

I have a V6 box, and a Samsung TV. Its not 4K, its the QE65Q60T model. 

On the V6 box, the video output is full screen, 2160p

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No prob 're the post, I've already moved it for you 😉

You mention your TV not being 4K, but your video output being set to 2160 - are you sure? A quick Google of that model suggests it is a 2160 variant, but if not, your output should be 1080 at best.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Grizilda
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you.

It has 4K upscaling, but I didn't think it had true 4K.

I've run the video output tests on the V6 box, and it passes them all - and when I do auto select, it pics 2160p.

0 Kudos