Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box freezing during recording playback

Hi, my lounge V6 box is having similar issues with picture and audio freezes on playback of recordings and live TV if I pause or rewind. I have checked all cables and connections as advised throughout this thread, with no changes in the problem - the freezing still occurs.

I have a second box in the bedroom which works fine with any recordings or paused/rewound live TV. However, when I attempt to watch recordings made on one box on the other TV (i.e. a lounge recording in the bedroom or vice versa), the lounge recordings will freeze and jump while the bedroom recordings play smoothly without issues. So I assume there is an issue with the V6 box in the lounge not writing to the hard drive properly.

Please can you advise if it is possible to get a replacement V6 box?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hi @shaoolmonel 

Firstly a little nag - please don't tack onto a long-solved thread with a "me too" - much better to start a new post with your details and then have one customer per thread, makes life easier all-round. I've done the honours for you, rant over 😉

Secondly, from your synopsis it does sound like the first indications of a failing hard drive - and if left alone, this is likely to get progressively worse until it fails outright.

You have 3 options to report your fault to VM..(in no particular order)

1: Use the text message service (07533 051809), this generally takes a couple of days.

2: Wait on here for VM forum staff to respond - currently around a week.

3: Call TV Faults - 150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone, and follow the "I have a fault" option. Queues seem to be greater later in the day, sadly.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hi shaoolmonel, 

Thanks for posting and our apologies for the delay in response. 

I am sorry to hear of the issue you are experiencing with your equipment. 

I have taken a look from our side but it appear the equipment is currently showing offline. 

Are you able to confirm when the equipment is powered up and we will take a close look from our side.

Thank you 

Nat
0 Kudos