Menu
Geefiasco
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box and very poor HD picture

Just been browsing Google and stumbled across this post.

I also plugged in my new 4K TV today and realised how shocking the image quality is on the V6 box. 

Netflix, Prime, YouTube etc. look sublime in 4K, but the Virgin picture is awful. Blatant blur if you look closely. The menus and TV logos in the menu are a disgrace. Some of the advertisements on BT Sport for example straight up look like SD!!! I simply cannot believe this! 

What is being done about this?? Do I really need to move to Sly? Because I don’t want too   

I’m using the PS5 2.1 HDMI lead and all the recommended V6 settings too. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box and very poor HD picture

@Geefiasco wrote:

Netflix, Prime, YouTube etc. look sublime in 4K, but the Virgin picture is awful. Blatant blur if you look closely. The menus and TV logos in the menu are a disgrace. Some of the advertisements on BT Sport for example straight up look like SD!!! I simply cannot believe this! 

Can you expand on this a little? You've said about the streaming apps looking good, but are you viewing these via your V6 or another method?

If you're viewing these via your V6, then what do you mean by "the Virgin picture"? If your V6 menus are blurred, there's clearly a fault somewhere.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos