cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: V6 box and sound

Clive1945
Joining in

JMD1

hi, i've just read your question re VM V6 tv box. i've just received a cochlear BAHA 6 max and am getting a cochlear TV streamer.

so, it's good to know I can receive audio from the V6 direct to the streamer. I've found that the V6 box, with 360 capabilities and the new hand controller, turns on my TV and soundbar, when I turn on the V6 box. similarly, when I turn the V6 box off, the TV and soundbar are turned off also. it is a VM feature that connected devices, if in standby mode, are turned on and off when the V6 box is turned on or off, regardless of whether that is your wish or not. i have an Amazon stick and sometimes wish to use this and not the V6 box. hence I then need to turn on TV and soundbar again. but generally, the VM feature is useful to me in most cases. I'm assuming your embedded cochlear implant does not have an on/off switch, so my info is not helpful to you, but it does confirm the VM feature of 'automatically' turning on/off connected devices.

what is your experience of the audio via the streamer connected via the V6 tv box - this will be my preferred option and probably easiest option ? without the streamer, I find TV audio difficult, especially with any non-live programmes.

hope you have found an acceptable solution. good listening.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JMD1
On our wavelength

Hi, I now just use the Streamer plugged into the V6 box as have smart TV but the V6 offers me everything I need.  However, if I wanted to use the TV for say Prime etc then would have to move the Streamer back to TV connection.  However can access Prime on V6 box so have never bothered. I love the streamer as can hear upstairs or out in garden!  
I control the TV Streamer sound via my Nucleus Smart t App which is also how I control my implant processor.  Can  mix the sound so also have background sound as well as TV.  However, do not know much about  BAHAs so am not sure how you control that but am sure you will get a User Guide with the Streamer just as I did.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

JMD1
On our wavelength

Hi, I now just use the Streamer plugged into the V6 box as have smart TV but the V6 offers me everything I need.  However, if I wanted to use the TV for say Prime etc then would have to move the Streamer back to TV connection.  However can access Prime on V6 box so have never bothered. I love the streamer as can hear upstairs or out in garden!  
I control the TV Streamer sound via my Nucleus Smart t App which is also how I control my implant processor.  Can  mix the sound so also have background sound as well as TV.  However, do not know much about  BAHAs so am not sure how you control that but am sure you will get a User Guide with the Streamer just as I did.

JMD1

thanks for your reply - it gives me confidence that I shall have good experiences of using Cochlear TV streamer. These days most of content on Amazon stick is available via VM V6 tv box. The major exception for this for me is Amazon Music - come on VM please add this app. 
the Baha 6 max has an app which allows me to control my hearing processor, and hopefully this talks to the TV streamer. Again your experiences give me confidence that it does/will when I get TV streamer, hopefully next week.

Again, thanks for your support.