cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: V6 box - Welcome screen then nothing

fizzlepopple
On our wavelength

The other day our Virgin remotes started beeping out of the blue. Took batteries out - that stopped it! Next time I go to use the V6 box - no signal - not anywhere in the house (all wired). Reboot of V6 box and I get the welcome bienvenue screen - yay! Then nothing. Nothing at all. 
virgin customer service have so far been useless - just hanging on the line. 
I think the box is bust. Had it for years. 
many moderator like to try to help me?

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@fizzlepopple 

Better to start your own thread than add to someone elses 😉

If the box won't boot up, then it absolutely has a fault and is best reported. VM staff work through posts on here, but it can take a couple of days, so I'd recommend calling in if you can - to get it reported sooner.

When you say "hanging on the line", do you mean call queues (these can vary, but aren't half as bad as they once were) or something else?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

fizzlepopple
On our wavelength

The other day our Virgin remotes started beeping out of the blue. Took batteries out - that stopped it! Next time I go to use the V6 box - no signal - not anywhere in the house (all wired). Reboot of V6 box and I get the welcome bienvenue screen - yay! Then nothing. Nothing at all. 
virgin customer service have so far been useless - just hanging on the line. Had ‘assistance’ via chat  - quite happy for me to wait the best part of a week for an engineer to tell me something I already know - that the box is bust. Had it for years. 
I can change it myself!
The chat assistant agreed and raised a complaint but my experience of complaining to VM is that they just decide not to help. 
Any moderator like to try to help me?

I am now paying a pretty penny for a service that isn’t working, I know is broken,  could be replaced tomorrow but will leave my family without TV for the best part of a week at least. 

When VM works - it works - and it’s great. 20 years ago when I moved from Telewest it had THE BEST customer service. Now - it couldn’t care less - it knows it has the best product and quite frankly the customer can pay through the nose and wait. 

I wonder what would happen if I employed that way of working in my job? (NHS - senior doc - Covid-facing for the last 18/12 with no let up)

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@fizzlepopple 

Asking the same question in another new thread isn't going to get you help any quicker.... (And it can cause replies to get confused, so really doesn't help)

What are the problems you're having with calling this fault through? If you explain what the issue is, we may well be offer some more expedient solutions.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks