Menu
Smiles73
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Box broken

My box was working last night and all of a sudden it went off I checked all the connections changed hdmi port and nothing put it back in original port and it came back on. Put it on this morning and same thing came on went all distorted then nothing plugged my bedroom box in and that works perfectly. Do I need a new box ??

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

V6 Box issues

@Smiles73 

Rather than add to someone elses post, it's much better to start your own to save replies getting confused.. done it for you this time..

I'm struggling a little to understand what's happened here - your box restarted last night, you subsequently switched it on today but the picture is pixellated - is that right? Is that on live TV, OnDemand, or recorded?

If the same TV works fine with the same HDMI but a different V6, it would lend towards a box fault for sure. But if you could clarify what's happened/happening, that would help.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Smiles73
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Box issues

Yes seems to be box as same tv and same hdmi work perfectly with bedroom box so must be the box. The other week it was switching itself off and on again.

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Box broken

Hi Smiles73, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community. It's really great having you on board with us. 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your V6 box. Taking a look at the account I can see that the box is currently showing as offline and unreachable. Based on what you have written in your post I think it would be best to get an engineer out to take a look at things. If the box needs replacing then the engineer can do this for you during the appointment. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. We cannot confirm the appointment time slot publicly, so to view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM

If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos