Menu
Lawsonsbty
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Box Flashing Lights & no answer to help from Customer services

Hi,

I am having exacrtly the same issue and have since before Christmas;

All the lights are flashing on my V6 box, the standby is blinking white and red and the 2 lights to the left are blinking white.

when it says ‘starting up’ it then just clicks off and repeats. This has onyl ever worked once. 

I have tried rebooting, Switching it all off for 10mins and pressing + and standby etc, nothing appears to be working.

I have called several times, including being cut off from an engineer who never called back 45 minutes into the call.

Having tried to call several times over the last few weeks and being told call back I am at a loss.

Is there anyway that you can arrange for an engineer for me please???

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

V6 Box Flashing Lights

Sorry to say, this forum isn't an alternative to calling VM to report box faults.

Could you elaborate on "being told callback"? Are you saying you spoke to faults agents who refused to assist? What did they say, do or advise?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Lawsonsbty
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Box Flashing Lights

Hi there,

thanks for the support.

The first time I called, I was on the phone for 45 minutes with a support guy. The line was cut and he never valled me back.

I have tried to call back on several occaisons and either have wiated gor 50 mins on hold with no reply, or an automated message we are too busy, so call back.

Thank goodness for streaming, otherwise the family would have gone mad in lockdown.

Any thoughts would be welcome.

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lawsonsbty, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I am really sorry you've been having an issue with one of your boxes for a while, this isn't good. 

I've had a look into the account and it is best we send an engineer, therefore I've booked the next available slot we have. You can find the details of this via your online account and re book if it doesn't suit. 

Please let us know how things are after the visit. 

:) 

Emma_C - Forum Team
Lawsonsbty
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Amazing!

Thank you Emma. I shall keep you posted.

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No problems, please do - we can assist if you have any further issues 🙂 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Lawsonsbty
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma,

so great news to share. The engineer came as planned and simply replaced the box with a new as well as moved some cables around for me.

It would seem that this is the one and only issue with the V6, which comes down to coding / software issue.  So it is easier for the engineer to replace it and have the old unit repaired.

Thanks again for your help in getting this resolved.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lawsonsbty,

Thank you for coming back to us and for the update, really glad to hear the technician has resolved your issue with a box replacement and some cabling.

If you do have any further issues please do not hessite to let us know.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos