cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Tivo box reset/reboot.goes back to welcome.

Cornuvia
Tuning in

I have the same problem the box failed last night. There was a "hot rubbery smell" the box will alternate between welcome screen and black. it has also shown the download sign but just goes to welcome again. I have tried the reboot holding + and on switch as stated but to no avail. The box has been going black screen for a few seconds just lately, so wondering if it is on its way out? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SpacePhoenix
Fibre optic

Try phoning at 08:00 when the lines open for the day

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

SpacePhoenix
Fibre optic

Unplug the box from the mains right now. It sounds like something electrical has failed inside the box.

Then call the faults line to report a possible electrical fault with the box

Thanks, I did that of course although not sure it is the box it was also making a whirring sound in 3 similar repetitions. I. tried but got nowhere so far on phoning as usual I appreciate your support.

Regards

Bob

SpacePhoenix
Fibre optic

Try phoning at 08:00 when the lines open for the day

Cornuvia
Tuning in

3 days now, I have tried VM and all I get is they have a fault so try again in 30 miniutes 6 times so far. Awful I thought this was monitored by Virgin otherwise what is the point?

Cornuvia
Tuning in

I posted this on Monday with the box failing Saturday evening, with a possible biurning smell but no trace of odour now. I have not had any VM help on the community. I have been trying today to sort it out by 150 but I just get sent to the same page each time which is going nowhere. This is the message I have had all afternoon "

We're having some issues on our end

Allow us 30 minutes to get our diagnostics tools up and running again. Please login later and check the status of your TV service. We'll be able to help if the issue persists.

I can't seem to contact anyone and we have had no tv service ro 4 days, broadband is fine. I seem to simply need a replacement box, I can fit it I am not concerned with saved programmes on it.
Can some please help.

You can call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

Thanks for that I thought that waswhat had ahppened yesterday and I was asked for my number for a call back but it wasn't and just a link back the page where you do the tests but can't because after nearly 24 hours they syill have a problem, so I shall take your advice and just hang on and see if it isn't too long. 

Thanks again.

!

Just to say I finally managd to get through and all dealt with an engineer tomorrow and a change to my account to my benefit instigated by the agent "Syra" on the phone. So thanks again for your help!

Nice to also hear about the change of contract. 🙂