Menu
pugs1970
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box Samsung TV incompatible

Hi

sorry for gatecrashing someone else's question but I am having the same issue with my new Samsung ue50tu7000kxxu, it worked fine for a day, then the following night it started flashing on and off on the Virgin channel (HDMI1) I restarted everything in every sequence, I got weird colours at first, with some strange static 'noise' then it stopped seeing it altogether, it shows the 'welcome' screen, and the 'Starting up screen' (on the Tivo) but then it goes blank and the TV can't detect it.

I spoke to Samsung technical chat who suggested that the software on the TV was incompatible with the Tivo V6....which I find incomprehensible.

I plugged the Tivo into my older 2016 Samsung TV and it worked perfectly, and everything else on the TV works fine.

I have reset both the TV and the Tivo many times in every single order, but still have the same result.

I refuse to believe that Samsung would bring a 2020 TV out that wasn't compatible with Virgin Tivo in the UK.

Any help would be great so that I don't end up sending the TV back only for it to happen again.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Are you using a TiVo or a V6? You've referred to both.

If you're not sure, check here 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

pugs1970
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Apologies, bad habit, all my boxes are V6's now

0 Kudos
pugs1970
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Actually, thank you for taking the time to look, After reading many stories online of people having the same issue with Samsung TV's, it would appear the only real solution is to not get a Samsung, so I am returning the TV and getting an LG, thanks again.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

A video self-test is part of the V6 bootup sequence, and @Eeeps had an excellent observation in this thread.

I'm not sure if it'll work in your case - but certainly worth a shot depending on what options your particular model has.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks