Menu
Glasgow_Gal
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo V6 box continuous boot loop

Had this with my V6 box and VM customer services have been useless. Engineer booked eventually after lots of useless virtual help, including 'sending a fix' to the router. Engineer didn't turn up and here I am yet again listening to endless crap music while no-one answers the phone............

0 Kudos
chaoshusky
Dialled in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Continuous boot loop, you say?

My own V6 box has recently started to misbehave, that was stuck for a while. Mine seems to have a failing hard drive (click of death as its known) so during power-up or power on, any strange noises coming from the box? If you can, put your ear to the top.. If you hear a sort of "tick-clunk, tick-clunk" or several clicks before it spins up (gentle whine and vibration is quite normal) your HDD has probably died!

How long have you had your V6 box? Can you confirm that all connections are secure to the co-ax input etc? Additional, what are your power levels like in your Router's status page?

Kind regards,

Lee

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Router signal levels would have almost no relevance on what sounds like hard drive faults.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos