Menu
Board
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo V6 Box Stuck on StartingUp loop

Hi,

just had a new box delivered today and getting the exact same thing with the loop on boot with the download arrow. 

is there an easier way to get a replacement than sitting on the phone for a long time?

Many thanks,

James

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Board 

I've moved your "me too" post to a new thread 🙂

@Board wrote:

Hi,

just had a new box delivered today and getting the exact same thing with the loop on boot with the download arrow. 

is there an easier way to get a replacement than sitting on the phone for a long time?

How is your V6 connected to your homehub for the internet connection? If it's a new box, it needs to download the install software before it'll work.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Board
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Initially it wasn’t. The TV is in a different room to the router and following the instructions it said I would be prompted to connect via Wi-Fi. I thought it may download the update through the coax.  

With the continual loop I thought this might not be the case with the coax so plugged it directly into the router with the cat5 cable and the hdmi into a monitor. It just did the same with a constant reboot after sitting with the download arrow for a bit. 

thanks. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

With the TiVo, your coax provides TV signals & internet, and your box only connects to your homehub if you want to stream programmes between the boxes.

The V6 needs 2 separate connections. The co-ax provides the TV signals, your homehub provides the internet & multi-room-streaming.

If it's in a reboot cycle even with the Ethernet, that would imply a problem. I might suggest a complete power-off for maybe 10minutes, then a clean startup with all physical (as opposed to WiFi) connections clean & present.

If that fails, it's probably a call to VM faults.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Board
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Spent an hour on the phone only to be cut off when transferred. The next call was about 3 - 4 hours to get through. They wouldn’t send a new box so had to have an engineer out who then replaced the box. 

I do wish they would have more people on the phones as in total I must have spent a whole working day on hold, either that or a live chat or something that can give a response in a timely manor. 

0 Kudos