cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TV pixilation still ongoing

oracle57
On our wavelength

This does not seem to be an isolated issue.  We are also having this pixilation issue and have been for at least the last week.  

As there was a reported issue with TV in our area I, wrongly, assumed this was the cause, however, this is now reportedly been fixed...

10 REPLIES 10

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi oracle57, 

Thanks for taking the time to post about your issues in the Community.

We're sorry to hear you've been having an issue with pixellation. We're aware there was an issue with this however that has since been resolved. 

Can you please reboot your box and let us know if you're still having the same issue. If so we can then help further. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Spambhoy
On our wavelength

It’s still ongoing tonight and I’m at the other end of the nation ? It’s even worse when trying to watch a recorded programme ?

My next door neighbour is with Plusnet ( but on the Virgin infrastructure ) and her internet is all but non existent.

We would appear to have an ongoing ( and unresolved ) issue.

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Spambhoy,

Sorry this is still ongoing for you, can you confirm for me if this is on certain channels or at certain times? Can you also confirm if you have performed any reboots to your TV box as of late?

Cheers. Joe

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Spambhoy wrote:

It’s still ongoing tonight and I’m at the other end of the nation ? It’s even worse when trying to watch a recorded programme ?

My next door neighbour is with Plusnet ( but on the Virgin infrastructure ) and her internet is all but non existent.

We would appear to have an ongoing ( and unresolved ) issue.

The general fault issue has been fixed. This was not actually pixellation, but a compression issue causing transmission frames to conflict with each other, which results in a similar effect on the screen. Your issue is more likely signal related, or a failing TV box.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

oracle57
On our wavelength

Have now realised the fault was fixed on the 20th.  Our last pixilation was on that date.  

Having tested last night and this lunchtime we have not had any pixilation.  Hopefully the fix has sorted this for me.

Will repost if starts up again...

Thanks

Hi @oracle57 

Thanks for popping back to let us know that this issue looks to be resolved alongside when the area issue was fixed. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Spambhoy
On our wavelength

Channel 123 @ 21.45, all over the shop. This problem has not been resolved. It’s not a recording, it’s live TV.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Sorry to hear about this Spambhoy - how is everything looking at the moment? 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Spambhoy
On our wavelength

So, no answer to the statement ?