cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TV guide to be announced

ALF28
Super solver

NO V6 TV GUIDE INFO ON SOME CHANNELS-(DATE 24/7/2021)

102,103,104,105,113,114,118,142,143,152,154,155,161,162,175,429,430,601,605,624,701,702,853,854,862. (10.00am list keeps changing)

I checked freeview their guide seems OK, so is this a virgin issue with the v6 tv box or the virgin service?

I checked my connection and apps/streaming all good  today 50% signal (reset my wifi password and reloaded successfully)

I switched of the power to V6 for 60 seconds to reboot, but still missing channel guide info  on some channels?

Very bad Pixelation is happening on virgin gb news channel 626 (the freeview version  channel 236 is OK) and often get pixelation on v6 recordings mainly coronation street.

alf28

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ALF28 

Probably better to start a new thread, it sounds like you've got a few issues..

1: Your TV Guide - are you saying you've not got any EPG info for various channels today? That's indicative of a V6 with no internet connection, but since you've said your VoD is working ok, then follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network > Connect to Virgin Media Services now. Wait perhaps 15-20minutes

2: GB News - this has already been reported at https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/Pixelated-GB-News/td-p/4779911 

3: Your separate pixellation issues. You've mentioned Coronation Street, is this from ITV-SD or ITV-HD? Can you view the same channel, live, ok? How about if you then pause live TV for 30 seconds and watch it delayed - does this play ok?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ALF28 

Probably better to start a new thread, it sounds like you've got a few issues..

1: Your TV Guide - are you saying you've not got any EPG info for various channels today? That's indicative of a V6 with no internet connection, but since you've said your VoD is working ok, then follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network > Connect to Virgin Media Services now. Wait perhaps 15-20minutes

2: GB News - this has already been reported at https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/Pixelated-GB-News/td-p/4779911 

3: Your separate pixellation issues. You've mentioned Coronation Street, is this from ITV-SD or ITV-HD? Can you view the same channel, live, ok? How about if you then pause live TV for 30 seconds and watch it delayed - does this play ok?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks for the help.

1.) I  have done the procedure as advised with my V6 box- "connect to virgin media services", which I had also done this morning. The EPG was still faulty, but after approx half an hour it has corrected itself, the EPG  is now  normal, and no longer displays "to be announced" on many tv channels. The fix was time delayed for some reason so perhaps some updating happened with the V6 box, (it may have been corrupted for some reason) I will check to see if this happens again but I hope it is permanently fixed now.

2.)  GB news channel seems Ok now with no pixelation, I presume  the earlier report has resulted in the problem being fixed by virgin media.

3.) I usually record from ITV HD channel 103, but I do not subscribe to HD, so perhaps I should record from ITV SD channel 113 , my tv is HD. The last recording of coronation street seems ok so, perhaps it was a glitch. I do not watch the live show, nearly always record it but will check a live show on monday.  The pause for 30 seconds and then replay seems fine. I will see if any recording pixelation happens in the future for any recorded shows.

Thanks for solving this issue, It is difficult to manage TV shows without a full EPG.

alf28

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ALF28 wrote:

I will check to see if this happens again but I hope it is permanently fixed now.

You can check your regular EPG updates whenever you like. Follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and the (roughly 6hourly) connections are timestamped on the left-hand-side. You can force a manual connection whenever you like.

It uses the box's internet connection that's also common to OnDemand & streaming services. So if you're ever concerned that the V6's net connection isn't working, try using OnDemand. If the 'net is working, so should VoD.

@ALF28 wrote:

3.) I usually record from ITV HD channel 103, but I do not subscribe to HD, so perhaps I should record from ITV SD channel 113 , my tv is HD. The last recording of coronation street seems ok so, perhaps it was a glitch. I do not watch the live show, nearly always record it but will check a live show on monday.  The pause for 30 seconds and then replay seems fine. I will see if any recording pixelation happens in the future for any recorded shows.

ITV HD is a standard FTA channel included on all packages - that's how you're managing to record from it. If you don't subscribe to a given channel, your box won't record from it.

When you pause & rewind live TV, it's effectively a recording and using the HDD in the same way.