Menu
PaulinLeeds
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sound problems

Same here, just been watching Dragons Den and must have dropped sound about 10 times during the show. Only lasts a second or so but very irritating. Did you find a solution please? 

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @PaulineLeeds.

Welcome back to the forums  and thank you for taking the time to post. 

Sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your sound. 

Are you able to let me know, Is this happening on any specific channels? Is it happening on live TV as well as OnDemand? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
PaulinLeeds
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Thanks for replying, incidentally, its Paul in Leeds, not Pauline! (and I don't live in Leeds any more either but that's by the by!).

Going to have to start taking notes of when and where the problem occurs to start pinning it down but to start with after we'd watched Dragons Den on BBC2 HD with loads of drop outs we switched to ID and experienced none whatsoever for the next hour. Definitely seems to affect some channels only. Have got Netflix and Amazon Prime so will start logging any issues when watching them and report back.

System wise we've got a 2 year old Sony OLED tv, 2 year old sonos sound bar and the V6 box which is coming up to 3 years old. The sound drop outs aren't new, have been experiencing them for as long as I can remember but not all of the time so does point to a specific issue rather than something more general.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Are you still running the v6 software or are you now on the 360 software? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
PaulinLeeds
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Didn't know about the 360 thing so still on old version. Trying to get to chat to someone about getting 360 but impossible to get through!!!

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi PaulinLeeds,

You can use the following link to request a switch to the 360 virgin-tv-360-upgrade 

Some people love the newer interface although it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the V6 (I don't miss them as I never tended to use them)

If you scroll down <<< This page >>>  you can see some of the differences between the 2 boxes, and also how the 360 works.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
PaulinLeeds
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that. However I was naively thinking it was a free upgrade and only found out late in the day that it costs. I don't think I get great value for money from VM now so I'm unwilling to give them even more!

Testing continues, seems like the sound drops are confined to HD live channels. Will persist in finding a solution. 

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @PaulinLeeds,

Thank you for getting back to us about this issue!

I'm sorry to hear that your sound issue is ongoing. Have you had a chance to take a look at our TV Issues help page to see if this can help narrow down your problem?

Have you tried to change your TV sound settings to see if this helps resolve the issue? 

Can you let us know if you've checked your cables to ensure that everything is securely connected?

Please keep us updated on this so we can help further. 

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos