Menu
-Maelstrom-
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Prime Video not working.

If it's like mine, Amazon Prime opens OK. you can watch trailers bizarrely, but if you try and watch a programme, it just stays on a black screen and the only thing you can do is go back to live TV.

I'm sure it used to be OK and has only just started the last few days, but I'm also having trouble with Youtube. Again, it looks like you can watch anything, other than purchased movies, none of which work. I get an error screen with an option of sending fault info to Youtube, although the account (and Amazon Prime) works OK on a Roku stick

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Are you watching on a 4K UHD TV?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
-Maelstrom-
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Yes, temporarily (I'm user testing a 4K set at the moment), but strangely I thought I'd successfully played 4k stuff on both Youtube and Amazon in the last week. I've just seen the pinned post about "on demand" stuff, so I'll give it a go later.

This TV only has 2 hdmi inputs, so I have been unplugging and plugging often.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Prime Video not working.

Try dropping the V6 video output to 1080 - if nothing else, it'll prove a point.

Home > help & Settings > Settings > Video output

If this resolves the issue, then there's an excellent chance your issues are HDCP2.2 related.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
-Maelstrom-
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Well I thought I was getting somewhere. I tried changing the video settings as in the pinned article. That didn't help. Changing it to 1080 means that it looks like it's OK in Amazon Prime, but purchased films in YouTube still don't work.

The first film I tried came up with the same fault message, but the second one just goes to a blank screen, that you can't get back from without physically switching the switch on the back of the V6 box. No remote buttons do anything. I've had to do that 3 times this afternoon which isn't ideal, especially if you're recording something.

I have had it twice where the Virgin box isn't showing on the correct input. until I turn off the TV (and this TV doesn't have an on/off button, so I just have to pull the cable) and turn it on again, so I think it is to do with HDCP.

At the moment I've got 2 hdmi sockets (and no TV manual!) One of them is marked hdmi (ARC) and I've plugged the V6 into the other.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@-Maelstrom- wrote:

At the moment I've got 2 hdmi sockets (and no TV manual!) One of them is marked hdmi (ARC) and I've plugged the V6 into the other.

What's your make & model of TV?

There's often an online manual in PDF format that comes in handy times like this.

0 Kudos
-Maelstrom-
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Well I've just been playing around with it for a few minutes, and I'm stumped.

At the moment any TV/films on the Prime App, on the V6 box, won't work. Just a black screen, and no remote buttons work other than TV. Strangely, all trailers I've tried do work. God knows why.

On the Youtube App, purchased films don't work. They just come up with a Youtube "something went wrong" message.

But either, through a Roku stick attached to the same TV, work perfectly fine. I've just swapped inputs and the same happened.

I've just check the connections and tried a new hdmi cable.

The TV its currently connected to is a test model with Alpha software on, but I'm presuming that this isn't causing the issue, but I'll mention it to the manufacturers anyway and see if any others in the test group have Virgin boxes.

Strangely, it has just hung during a trailer on Prime and rebooted itself, and now Prime is behaving itself, but I still have the YouTube issue

0 Kudos
narc1999
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

This has happened to me in the last few days as well. Prime Video app just doesn't want to work. A brief black screen and then back to the app menu. Its the same for Youtube, iTV Hub and iPlayer but strangely not Netflix. I'm really stumped at the moment.

0 Kudos
narc1999
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

A bit of digging later and I think I have the solution.  Or at least one that worked for me.

Go into the Home menu--> Help & Settings--> Clear or Reset TiVo--> Restart TiVo--> Thumbs Down 3 times and Last Channel button. The box restarts which takes about 5minutes and then the apps work again.

-Maelstrom-
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I'll give it a go later.

I've just had to change my network (I was using a tp-link mesh system, which wasn't doing what it should) and have just gone back to the Virgin Hub. It's now not showing the error screen on YouTube, it's playing with a black screen, though subtitles still show up. On a second box upstairs, which I hadn't tried, YouTube's playing but incredibly blocky.

0 Kudos