Menu
cgreengrass9099
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Port config test failure V6 boxes Multi roon issue

Hi I have a similar problem, I have port config fail messages, I have two tivo v6 boxes and whilst they both work fine by themsleves I have lost the ability to play recordings one from the other box. One box is wired, one is wifi . but single strengths and speed tests are all good. I have Virgin Media broadband I use the Hub as a Modem and then a moderm router and switch( wired) to rest of house.  Need help to debug or reset  the C423 errors which seem to persit .

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@cgreengrass9099 

I've moved your "me too" post to a new thread, save different people's replies getting mixed up 🙂

The port config error often fails on perfectly working systems (mine included), so you can safely disregard its results. With the V6, multiroom streaming uses the same STB <--> hub connection as each box's OnDemand - can both boxes use VOD ok?

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/c423 also advises the same - has this always been a problem, or have you changed something with your setup that might have triggered this?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
cgreengrass9099
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No nothing has changed on the local network and to make matters even more confusing the Virgin App on mobile phone works both boxes and accesses recording just fine on the local LAN and matched wifi.  have just reset Hub/modem and turned off router in house

No change. no access V6 box to V6 box  but fine app to both Boxes  very strange

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

When did this issue start?

Looping your router out and using the SH in router mode temporarily, would be a good test of whether your router is causing this. But it wouldn't be quick, depending on the complexity of your setup.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
cgreengrass9099
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

last couple of days

I cant see anything wrong with the Netgear router I am using behind the SH the system has always been like this and has normally worked well. there are no port limitations or custom settings. it is pretty much out of the box config.  Suspect I need to do some debugging but as you say no simple or even know what to look for as the port config is likely to be a red herring.  Going to look at DNS and IDs and IP address to start with 

0 Kudos