cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Pixilation and blocky pictures?

muffmasterh
Superfast

well i am not happy, the main issue seems to be on some sky programmes, for some reason Sky Arts being the most commonly affected but can sporadically any programme but usually only sky so it must be the sky feed to virgin.

Sort it please Virgin, we pay a lot of money for this & we can't even access Sky bloody Atlantic for the privilege

16 REPLIES 16

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@muffmasterh wrote:

usually only sky so it must be the sky feed to virgin.

If this were the case, then it would affect millions upon millions of VM customers, and I don't see any evidence of that.

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

If you're having problems with Sky Arts SD, check your picture on 5-Action-SD, ITV2-SD or ITV4-SD. If it's Sky Arts HD, check ITV-Be HD, CBeebies-HD, CBBC-HD, BBC3-HD or BBC4-HD - they should also be affected.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

well now it's getting worse, today i have it on Film4+1 , GRT & ITVHD, so i suspect i will find it on every channel now.

It might seem a silly question but is the problem worse during hot weather, I have similar issues but only in the summer months, if you go to Help and Settings, System Info it will tell you the signal strength for each of the tuners, mine currently shows between 68% and 94%

sadly VM has changed so much i have no idea how to access this.

When i go into help i get something totally different

and now i get this.....  2022-06-22.png

You can access it through the Home Button on your remote, I did miss a bit from the instructions, once you access system info you then press diagnostics, hope that helps 

thks i was trying it on line where it does say there is an issue in my area but not what that issue is.....

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Muffmasterh, 

Thank you for your post. 
I am sorry you are having issues with some pixelation, I have checked our systems to run some diagnostics and your box is unreachable, can you please ensure it is turned on and we can run some tests on this end.

Zoie

thank you Zoie, oddly enough the auto diagnostic on 151 said the same thing, even more oddly my box IS on, in fact it is never off.

I guess this counts as another fault.

What is even more weird about the Pixilation is that it jumps channels, for example talking pictures had never been effected until yesterday but even then it was only mild whereas quest & sky docs were unwatchable.

& ITVhd which was close to unwatchable earlier in the week seems fine tonight