Menu
kmc0811
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelating picture March 2021.

I have had exactly the same problem for several weeks with one of my two Tivo boxes.  I have rebooted it dozens of times.  I have checked the cabling.  I have swapped the two boxes over.  I have tried different HDMI cables.  I have basically tried everything suggested on the forum.  But still the problem persists.  It seems obvious that the box is faulty and needs to be replaced.  I have repeatedly tried to get through to VM on the phone, but have had to wait too long or have been cut off.  Megan_L - you have obviously been very helpful to Lambert1.  Can you or someone else in the Forums Team do the same for me?  I will be more than happy to instal the replacement box myself if it can just be sent out to me.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Pixelating pictures

@kmc0811 

Rather than add "me too" to someone elses thread, it's much better to start your own, describing what your issue is - and the replies won't get confused with other people.

The stock answer is that pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so call VM and report it. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up. They can do these while you're on the phone to them.

You've mentioned that you've got 2 boxes in your home and you've swapped them over - but not said what the result of that was? Did the problem follow the box or remain with the internal cabling? Are both your boxes TiVo, V6 or a combination (because you've not said) - check here if you're not sure.

The quickest way to report service faults is to call 150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choosing the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". If you'd rather not call for whatever reason, then forum staff will generally respond to posts on here after a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @kmc0811

Could you reboot both boxes for me quickly? I'd just like to take a look into some of the signal levels etc to do with the box, I can look into this further after this.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
kmc0811
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Travis - Thank you for your reply.  Both TIVO boxes are now starting up.  I also have a third box which is a V6.  Look forward to hearing back from you.

0 Kudos
kmc0811
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Travis_M - will I hear back from you soon?

0 Kudos
kmc0811
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Could Travis_M or someone else from the Forum Team PLEASE get back to me.  All I want is to arrange to receive a replacement TIVO box which I can instal myself.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It's not certain yet, that you necessarily need a replacement box, but the forum guys running some remote checks is the next step in checking that.

@ModTeam- looks like this thread was previously being attended to, but has slipped through somehow.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi KMC0811, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

I have gone back in to the account today and can see there is a device issue with one of the TiVo boxes. 2 out of the 3 tuners have input levels that are too low. We will need to get an engineer out to resolve this for you. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. We cannot confirm the appointment time slot publicly, so to view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM

If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
kmc0811
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much.