cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Picture distortion when playing back recorder programs on V6 box

Grabla66
Joining in

I have exactly the same issue, frequent picture breakup, live or recorded. Checked cables, nothing loose.

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your issue is not necessarily the same as that reported on the thread you added to, yours has been moved to a new thread.

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I have reported it, was told a technician would phone me, that was last week and no one has made any attempt to get in touch. 

Good Morning @Grabla66, thanks for coming back to us and I'm sorry to hear of the issues with the set top box.

Can you please confirm which resolution is the set top box broadcasting at?

This can be found via the Setting menu, via the Home screen.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Grabla66
Joining in

it shows 1080p 

Thanks for confirming @Grabla66.

Does the 1080p resolution have the words “not supported” within the brackets on the Video Output Format screen?

Is the TV picture quality better when viewing from another source, like a DVD player or streaming device?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Grabla66
Joining in

no it just says 1080p, i can watch from other sources such as the digital TV, Google chrome, Plex media player on Ubuntu Linux, and they are all fine. When watching a recorded program played back on the Virgin box, when the picture breaks up I can pause and rewind and the picture breaks up in the same place, so its recording the pixellation. The interference (pixellation) also appears on live video, not just on recordings.

Thanks for coming back to me @Grabla66.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me, and I'll take a few details from you.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thanks for coming back to me over private message @Grabla66, I've been able to book in an engineer appointment for you. 

For details of the time and date of the appointment, and if you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

Furthermore, I'd need to advise that;

There will be no charge for this visit unless:

• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit.

We will continue to monitor your services and if we can see that the fault has cleared and the visit is no longer required we will cancel the appointment and let you know by text and email.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn