Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture Distortion

Getting really bad picture distortion and pixelation on many channels. Had this problem now for about 3 weeks. Have two v6 boxes and same issue on both.

Had an Engineer come out to check all connections and aside from a loose connection on the incoming cable everything was OK but after a day it was back again.

Virgins fault info suggests there is a fault in the BR4 area scheduled to be resolved on 29/10. My equipment checks out fault free?

Waited on 150 line earlier for 50 mins and no answer so gave up.

What are my options aside from switching service?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture Distortion

@TE27Rolla wrote:

Getting really bad picture distortion and pixelation on many channels. Had this problem now for about 3 weeks. Have two v6 boxes and same issue on both.

Had an Engineer come out to check all connections and aside from a loose connection on the incoming cable everything was OK but after a day it was back again

If the fault returns, then you report it again. Simples! The alternative is to leave it, but faults tend not to go away unless they're resolved...

@TE27Rolla wrote:

Virgins fault info suggests there is a fault in the BR4 area scheduled to be resolved on 29/10. My equipment checks out fault free?

Waited on 150 line earlier for 50 mins and no answer so gave up.

What are my options aside from switching service?

Joking aside... only a VM faults agent will know what the nature of that fault is, and whether it's likely to be causing your symptoms. I won't try to make any excuse for excess wait times (for which much patience is currently required, where VM is concerned), but... calling your fault through is the best answer in this situation.

If you want to cancel, you'll need to call VM to give notice anyway - so it's not like leaving the problem unresolved will solve anything. Good luck!! 🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Picture Distortion on Two V6 Boxes

Getting cheesed off with persisent picture distortion to the extent that the service is no longer fit for purpose as i cannot use the channels in my package.

Call Virgin is the response I know but have you tried to call them. I have tried for the past 7 days at various times with no answer whatsoever. The last time I called I have up after being on hold for over one and a half hours!

Anyone have any idea how to get to talk to Virgin before I am forget to take some consumer legal advice to try and resolve the issue?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture Distortion on Two V6 Boxes

@TE27Rolla

You can try the text message service (07533 051809) which has a 2 or so day, response time. Or wait on here for VM staff to respond, which is currently taking around a week.

Trying calling earlier in the day seems to work for some people, I know others who've got through in around 10-20minutes recently - which given the current circumstances, doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

I wish there was a different answer, but unfortunately there isn't.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos