Menu
MythJay
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Orange light on Tivo V6 box

what was the issue/solution, i've had this problem for a while too and can never seem to get thru on the phone . one of my box's is fine other is no go no picture at all .

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@MythJay 

I've moved your "me too" post to a new thread to keep it simple 🙂

An amber light on a V6 usually means the box doesn't have a working internet connection - this should either be wired Ethernet cable or reliable WiFi to your homehub.

How are yours connected?

This should only affect the online functions, and OnDemand - live TV is carried over the white coax cable and should be fine.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
MythJay
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

i have no picture at all i've tried different tv's (the box was originally upstairs bedroom connected via wifi)  stopped working so tried it downstairs on different tv different hdmi and hard wired ethernet  iv tried turning off at back and holding power button on front and + while turning back on at toggle switch at rear and nothing..my other box is ok so i've had to move that one to upstairs bedroom. ive ran the tests via website and says there's no problems with the box's 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TV channels are fed over the co-ax, OnDemand uses the internet. Have you checked both connections?

Was the TV connected when you restarted? A test of the video output is part of the boot-up sequence.

Do you get any error messages when you, say, select channel 103? Can you see the TiVo menus when you press "Guide", "Home", ",menu" etc?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
MythJay
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

i can't see nothing at all, no welcome screen no image no sound i've tried different hdmi ports and different hdmi cable 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Was your TV connected and switched on, when you restarted? A test of the video output is part of the boot-up sequence.

0 Kudos
MythJay
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

yes it was. 

0 Kudos