cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: On demand service not working [Solved]

PaulHibbert
On our wavelength

Since yesterday all Catchup services are not working.  We get a brief loading screen then it goes back to the channel.  Same with BBC iPlayer, ITVX, All4, My5, and YouTube.  

I checked all connections, nothing loose.  I checked video is set to 1080 and it is.  Network checks out.  

This was OK until yesterday and nothing has been moved or changed recently.

[Edit] Apparently there was a software update, of which I was unaware.  Rebooting the TiVO box solved the issue. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@PaulHibbert 

It's usually better to start your own thread explaining your issues, than add to someone else's - it's been done for you here.

If your issue is sorted, that's the main thing - if you do need to post back for any reason, it may be helpful to just clarify what you mean by "checked all connections" and "network checked out". This could mean different things to different people.

I'm also not sure about the software update you've referred to. For reference, if one internet-based function on a TV box stops working, then the first test is to see whether others work. That identifies if the problem is internet-based or is specific to that app/service.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@PaulHibbert 

It's usually better to start your own thread explaining your issues, than add to someone else's - it's been done for you here.

If your issue is sorted, that's the main thing - if you do need to post back for any reason, it may be helpful to just clarify what you mean by "checked all connections" and "network checked out". This could mean different things to different people.

I'm also not sure about the software update you've referred to. For reference, if one internet-based function on a TV box stops working, then the first test is to see whether others work. That identifies if the problem is internet-based or is specific to that app/service.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @PaulHibbert,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and for an update on this issue. 

We're glad to hear that you've been able to resolve this issue and have this resolved by rebooting your equipment. If you come across any further issues, please let us know. 

As @japitts confirmed and provided additional information, please let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi yes sorry it's resolved.  Someone on Reddit said there had been a software update and that was probably why I was having problems.  I turned the TiVO box off and on again and that fixed it.  I would have expected to hear about the software update from Virgin Media, along with a warning about potential issue and how to solve them.  I hope you plan to improve your service by adding such notifications in the future.  If not I will have to rely on the kindness of strangers on Reddit.

Thanks for the update @PaulHibbert, and I'm sorry to hear that you weren't informed of a software update, that seemingly caused this issue.

Virgin Media does routinely perform updates on the equipment between the hours of 2am and 5am - to ensure customers are getting the most out of their services.

It's always wise to occasionally reboot your equipment at convenient times.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn