Menu
jaybe
Dialled in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: On Demand on Samsung Smart TV

We have exactly the same issue with our Samsung and unfortunately the fixes are only ever short term. I have tried everything and even what you did, which actually sorted us for about a month, but again I am now back to on demand not working.

It's either reboot the box daily or use an alternative source for on demand - I have tried absolutely everything to no avail.

Fingers crossed the fix is more permanent for you!

0 Kudos
Burger69
Joining in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I'm interested to know what you did to fix the issue. I also have this problem with my Samsung TV and Tivo box, but its only just occurred in the past few weeks after functioning properly for years. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Burger69 

What error message are you getting from VOD? Have you tried using https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes to get advice?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Burger69
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me. The error code is 604.

I have followed the online instructions, re-started the box and changed the HDMI, but nothing appears to work.

I've tried calling for support, but always give up after about an hour of no response.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Error 604 is an HDCP 2.2. error, meaning something between your V6 and your TV is flagging as non-HDCP 2.2 compliant. Do you have any other A/V kit or HDMI splitters connected?

A quick way to prove this woud be to (as per the online instructions) drop your video output to 1080 and retry using VOD. Outputting at 1080 doesn't require HDCP2.2

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

AndrewPW
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Since I closed off the orange light issue this am I seem to have received a number of duplicate replies to this issue closed off a few weeks ago. Perhaps you will investigate and meanwhile thanks for you help on both topics

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@AndrewPW 

Unfortunately this is the problem when existing posts get added to in "me too" fashion.

In the top-right corner of your screen, immediate above the oldest post there is a drop-down marked "Options" (NOT "post options" - that's different). Click this drop-down and choose "unsubscribe"

0 Kudos
Burger69
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi..My issue is that everything was working fine, and then one day without any hardware or wiring changes, my on demand feature stopped.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

My guess is that some kit in your setup isn't HDCP 2.2 compliant, and a software change has introduced this requirement.

If you reduce your V6 output to 1080, this avoids the need for HDCP2.2 - and would prove this either way.

0 Kudos
Burger69
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you @japitts. Changing from 2160 to 1080 has cured the issue.
0 Kudos