Menu
smartn
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: On Demand 603 error

I constantly get this error and it's doing my head in. A box reboot always temporarily resolves but how many times a day should I have to reboot? My wifi is rock solid for all my other devices (Amazon Eero boxes dotted around the house so mesh wifi). Never had any problems with SKY-Q and wish I could go back but I'm under contract.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@smartn 

I've moved your "me too" post to a new thread 😉

This error can have a variety of causes.

Does your VOD (OnDemand) work immediately following a reboot?

What's your video output set to? Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Video output

What's the make & model of your TV?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
smartn
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Wow that was a quick response, thank you. 

Just to clarify i have 3 V6 and a Tivo box in my household and I get the same issues on all of them. Every time following a reboot it always works on at least the 1st attempt. TV's are Samsung The Frame 2020 model, a Samsung UE55KS7000  and also a small LG set and a small Samsung set (I'll get the model numbers if you think that will help but as it occurs on all 4 TV's across 2 manufacturers so I don't think its that). Video output settings are approriate to the TV with two being 1080P sets and two 4K.

All Apps work fine when run from the TV operating systems such as Netfilx, Prime and Britbox. Problems only ever occur when running through the virgin boxes and before Virgin I was running SKY Q across a 2TB box and several mini boxes quite happily.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can you try setting the 4K-connected V6 to use 1080 as the video output... see if this makes any difference or not.

If it does, then that combination of V6/TV has HDCP issues. See here for a little more info relating to the V6 & 4K UHD.

If that doesn't affect it, and you still get issued with 1080 enabled, then there could be another issue. That's where model numbers come in handy.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos