Menu
jlobban
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent black screen on TV

Christy,

I have a 4K TV and it automatically forces the TiVo box to select the highest format video output at 2160p. BUT this causes the screen sound and audio to drop for a few seconds intermittently. 
Your fix to select the lower 1080p format works. BUT you do not explain why, nor does your website info, nor do your engineers know anything about this problem. 
Please can you explain why this happens and make sure the solution is better advertised and included as part of the standard Virgin TiVo set-up. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent black screen on TV

@jlobban 

I've moved your post to a new thread, it's a valid query but wasn't anything to do with the previous poster whose thread you replied to 😉

Firsty do you have a TiVo or a V6? You've referenced a TiVo but only the V6 supports 4K UHD so let's make sure... check here if you're not sure.

Virgin's help page here has some background info on 4K UHD viewing, which may be of interest.

The suggestion to use 1080 is because a software update to the V6 a few months back, now enforces industry-standard HDCP2.2 (copy-protection) compliance on all connected equipment when you're watching certain content/channels/apps in 2160. If your TV, any other kit, cable etc, isn't HDCP2.2 compliant, then that will stop such content from working.

There's no requirement on 1080, hence that being the workaround. There's some background info on HDCP2.2 here 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos