Menu
LeahMoore
Tuning in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help!!!!

I have been having this same issue with my box since it did an overnight update.

I got an email to say it would update, left it to do it overnight, we put it on the next morning and it just went to a starting up screen and stayed there.

The light is just flashing red and white and it is stuck.

I have been on hold for more than an hour this morning. if someone could look into this and get back to me I would really appreciate it.

thankyou.

0 Kudos
LeahMoore
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO box stuck on starting up screen

I've been on hold to the number for over an hour for this fault, tried using the chatbot and it said there was a 4hr wait for an answer, tried using the suggestions, tried checking the cables to the box, the cables to the TV, the internet, everything.

restarted the box, hard restarted it with the switch on the back, switched the whole lot off at the plug and unplugged it, left it for 5mins and plugged back in, just goes back to the starting up screen and stays there.

Is there anything I can do while I am on hold, as the kids are driving me spare... 

thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi LeahMoore,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear you're also having an issue with your box.

Just to confirm, can you let me know if you've tried another reboot since switching it on?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
CraigJ123
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Does it change from a welcome message to no signal then to start up on and constantly repeats this cycle?

LeahMoore
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

update killed my tivo

I got an email saying my tivo would update overnight, and in the morning we switched it on, and it went to the starting up screen and just stayed there. it had the light flashing red and white, over and over.

We restarted it, several times, on the box and the hub, we restarted the wifi hub too in case that was it. nothing.

I rang yesterday, and waited for an hour and a half on hold, and was told to wait three hours as she was sending my box an update, and not to turn it off or anything, so I left it for three hours. I switched it off and on...still nothing.

I tried downloading the apps to see if my issue was flagged on my account somehow, so they could follow up with me, but the apps only say my next bill.

I am loathe to sit on hold and waste my day trying to chase this up, but what choice do i have?

If anyone can help me with this it would really be appreciated. Thank you.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @LeahMoore

Are you still having issues with your set top box?

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
LeahMoore
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I am yes. I spent 1hr 25 on hold and spoke to someone who is sending me a new box on Tuesday.

fingers crossed that solves it!

thanks

Leah

0 Kudos
LeahMoore
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

hiya Lee, i got a new box delivered, and it works, only now the only app that works is netflix. the bbc iplayer, channel four, youtube etc, dont work at all.

obviously, basic telly is fine, but it's frustrating how much grief one update has caused me!

any help really appreciated!

Leah

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@LeahMoore wrote:

hiya Lee, i got a new box delivered, and it works, only now the only app that works is netflix. the bbc iplayer, channel four, youtube etc, dont work at all.

If one streaming app works, then your box's internet connection is ok, and there's no reason other streaming apps shouldn't work. What happens when you try to use them?

And it's simple, but... have you tried restarting your box?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
LeahMoore
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

it did work! thankyou! One last restart and they are all there now. thanks so much!

0 Kudos