Menu
timrs
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Guide not showing current channel

I don't think this is a good answer. It presumes the user learns all the channel numbers and the whole point of going to the guide to browse what's on. Going to a specific channel number is not what the original poster was asking about, and the mini guide is not large enough to be of much use, with just 3 channels.

Every other interactive TV guide I've ever used started from the channel being watched. Every. Single. One.

This is so basic I can't believe Virgin Media have ignored all the people who have asked for this for years. It appears to be an incredibly simple software fix. It's one of the reasons I stopped using the old TiVo for months, and even with my new V6, I find I'm only using it when I already know exactly what I am going to watch.
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@timrs 

You've replied to an almost year-old thread, so I've moved your post to a new one.

The mini-guide, which you can bring up by pressing "OK" on your remote, does default to your current channel, if you weren't already aware.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@timrs wrote:

Every other interactive TV guide I've ever used started from the channel being watched. Every. Single. One.

You’ve never used a Sky box then?

All these start from the top of the EPG as well.

Freesat boxes have the channel being watched in the middle of the screen.

VM BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
timrs
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I currently have a smart TV (Samsung), a non-smart TV (Sony) and an old Freeview box (Digital Stream) all of which behave the way I described. I've used a Sky box in passing but never had one.

The Virgin (and apparently Sky) behaviour just seems unintuitive to me, and I'm clearly not alone, given the number of times this has been raised.

0 Kudos