Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error message 604

I’m also having problems with watching anything on Sky Cinema on demand. I had issues with the WiFi which I believe is sorted now and thought this would be sorted too but error 604 remains. Is this a common problem. I have a SONY tv 

Thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Are you able to watch any other Video On Demand at all - or is this specific to Sky Cinema?

Pick anything from ITV, C4 or C5 and try watching it, if you need to check.

Please try following the advice on https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/604 - if this fails, please post back with the specific make & model of your TV.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

Unable to watch anything on demand and the same error number comes up 604. It loads but after a few seconds the error message pops up 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Have you followed the support instructions on the help link posted above?
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I’ve tried the above but sadly still no joy!! I think it’s not acceptable that we should be having such issues still which we’ve encountered for many months now. I’ve sent an email for someone to get back to me tomorrow. It’s odd that this code isn’t recognised in the list of codes that are flagged by Virgin. 

I have Home works so would hope it’s sorted quite quickly but thank you for the reply. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried rebooting the box after making sure you're connected to the HDMI that supports HDCP 2.2?

Not sure what you mean by it's not flagged. 604 is usually an HDCP 2.2 error which is only generated when the connection to your TV or AV kit needs alteration.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I will look in the morning but to be honest I’m not sure why I need to check as I’m not IT at all. I would have thought these checks are standard and is the given when you’ve highlighted issues as we had a technician out today for the WiFi but it seems as though it isn’t the case....again!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

For 4K kit Virgin have always advised that the V6 is connected to an HDMI port that supports HDCP 2.2, which is an industry standard.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-watching-4k-ultra-hd-content

Engineers are also aware of this, but don't have knowledge of every single TV model and which connection is HDCP 2.2 compliant.

Virgin Media support their kit and ensures it works as designed. It's then the customer's responsibility to ensure their own kit is compatible and connected appropriately.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I’ve paid for a service and expect that service to work and if it doesn’t then I would raise it as an issue which is what I’ve done and my call logs can be checked. Having to reboot every month is not acceptable and I would therefore expect someone to look into this as I pay enough for a service that I’m not able to fully access and haven’t done so for some time. Virgin will have logs of all my calls etc and the repetitive advice via their call centres have not solved the problem. Hats off to the technician who attended today who was thorough...just a slight oversight on my part as he did quite a bit and wrongly I thought all he did would have rectified this too not being IT savvy but clearly not...it’s easy done. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Once again thanks for all the advice. I will defo check it out again tomorrow with a clearer head. 

0 Kudos