cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Error Code 669 when trying to play On Demand

pierzogad
Joining in

It is quite an old post, but I don't see any solution. 

I have exactly the same issue - Service Temporarily Unavailable - with error 669. It seems to be limited to UKTV on demand programmes only. Programmes from e.g. BBC or ITV work fine. 

What could be the cause for it?

9 REPLIES 9

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Testing BBC & ITV OnDemand isn't proving anything, because both those broadcasters use their own branded apps rather than VM's in-house VoD system

Trying any C4, C5 or Sky programme would be a good test of whether you have an issue with VoD in general.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Good point. I've checked C5 and I got the same error. 

I've seen that error for couple of weeks and the funny thing is that few days ago it worked for several hours before I got that error again. 

jay82p
Tuning in

Upgrading the box to 360 is what finally worked for me. I would suggest requesting that.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Requesting a conversion from TiVo software to TV360 software, without fully understanding the implications, is not something I would recommend.

It may be a fix for some people, but as blanket advice should be caveated.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi pierzogad,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm sorry to hear about the issue with the OnDemand content. 

To confirm, is this on both series and movies?

^Martin

Hi Martin

This issue has been unresolved for some time - I raised on the forum in October 2022.  @David_Bn was raising with the back office teams.

I am still impacted by this frustrating issue.

Thanks, Stephen

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Stalbi wrote:

I raised on the forum in October 2022. I am still impacted by this frustrating issue.

@Stalbi  Understand you may be trying to assist here - but I can see your previous issues were over at https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/Re-Catch-up-On-demand-error-669/m-p/5116112 - probably best to follow up your issues there.

Hi @Stalbi 

I have reached out to my colleague to see if he's had any updates.  I am certain he will be in touch when he's heard back from the relevant teams.

Regards

Lee_R

Ehm... 

I have switched my box off and on again. And it helped.  

Not quite sure for how long as my Internet now died and I'm awaiting engineers to replace the cable to my house.