cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Error 604 tried everything

LeDuan
Tuning in

Will using a SCART connection solve a 604 error? On the basis that the HDCP restrictions on HDMI cables seems to be the culprit. I get error 604 on my box in the living room but not on the second box in my bedroom - which has the same HDMI connection. Confused 😐 Thanks 🙏🏻 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Indeed, that's either a V6 or 360 (it's the same hardware, different software)

The SCART out isn't enabled in either case. The only supported video output on either box is the HDMI.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@LeDuan 

I've moved your post to a new thread, the one you'd replied to was quite old.

You're correct to say that Error 604 is often caused by lack of HDCP2.2 compliance somewhere in your setup, but a V6 (assuming that's the box you have) doesn't have a working SCART connection - even if SCART was suitable for HD/UHD, which it's not.

What are your two boxes connected to? If your living-room box has this error, that suggests whatever it's connected to is the problem. What's the make & model of your TV and any other A/V kit?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

LeDuan_0-1630322967622.jpegLeDuan_1-1630322993166.jpeg

Might not be a V6 box? See pic of ports - SCART OUT is one of them 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Indeed, that's either a V6 or 360 (it's the same hardware, different software)

The SCART out isn't enabled in either case. The only supported video output on either box is the HDMI.

Thanks - think it’s a V6 - so I’ll follow the advice previously provided 👍🏻

Sorry - forgot to mention the TV Makes and Models:

1. Panasonic TX 40CX680B - HDMI connected to V6 box - this is the one that I’m getting the 604 error message on; and

2. JVC LT-32C485 - can get on demand OK - HDMI connected to a V6 Box

Ta 👍🏻

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi LeDuan,

Not all 4K Ultra HD TVs support HDCP 2.2 on all HDMI sockets. This is particularly true of older 4K Ultra HD TVs where HDCP 2.2 may only be supported on one HDMI socket.

On older Panasonic models (yours was made in 2015) you should connect a high speed HDMI cable on HDMI 1 or HDMI 3 or the HDMI labelled as 4K.

I suggest trying HDMI 3 first.

Also you may need to follow the instructions from the manual in picture 1

Picture 1Picture 1

Have you got the latest software updates on your Panasonic? To check see picture 2 below. 

Picture 2Picture 2

From what I can see using Google your Firmware(software) version should be at least version 3252 in the format shown in picture 3

Picture 3Picture 3

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Well that’s me sorted - worked a treat. Just swapped the HDMI lead into HDMI Port 3 and hey presto. Many thanks 🙏🏻 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thanks for the update LeDuan,

Pleased to hear it's all working now.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali