Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Deleted recordings

On the note of space, I was wondering about the HD recording folder, is that duplicating and using up space where perhaps the show is recorded in standard size and HD? When I go to a show in a folder in my shows, I think it shows under the picture if it's recorded in regular size or HD, but if I empty the HD recordings folder, does that mean that recording will disappear in the show's folder. Does that make sense? 

My space is at about 90% full and it always used to be around 57%, so I am wondering if all the new HD shows that are about are taking up more space. Especially problematic if they are recorded twice, once in regular view and once in HD! 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

There is no duplication - the HD % is the % of those included in all folders.

So if you have 10% on Football in HD - and 10% of Rugby in SD  -   the HD% will be 10%

If you only deleted the Football them the HD% will become 0%

The only time you get duplication is when you select ALL in a series link+ so it is forced to record both SD and HD (and +1 too).

@laalaa_22 wrote:

On the note of space, I was wondering about the HD recording folder, is that duplicating and using up space where perhaps the show is recorded in standard size and HD? When I go to a show in a folder in my shows, I think it shows under the picture if it's recorded in regular size or HD, but if I empty the HD recordings folder, does that mean that recording will disappear in the show's folder. Does that make sense? 

My space is at about 90% full and it always used to be around 57%, so I am wondering if all the new HD shows that are about are taking up more space. Especially problematic if they are recorded twice, once in regular view and once in HD! 

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thank you! That's really helpful. 

0 Kudos