Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: DVR fault/ green screen

Hi,

I've had this issue for the last 24 hours. I can't use the TV and no amount of resets fix this.  I waited 1 hour on the phone to be cut off. Sounds like I need a new a STB so im frustrated that I can't get through.

Thanks,

Donna

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@DonnaBrace 

I've moved your "me too" post to a new thread, so your posts don't get confused with the other user 🙂

You're correct to assume that you need a new box if you have the "DVR has detected an error" message. Many people have reported shorter wait times by calling in the morning or early afternoon.

VM Forum staff are currently taking upto a week to respond, so please don't give up! Once you get through to faults, if you mention your error there really shouldn't be any fuss replacing your box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your help.

I work in a London hospital so I can't call during the day. Such a shame and a frustration.  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @DonnaBrace

Thanks so much for your post - welcome to our Community. Sorry that you've had some issue with your TiVo box and having a green screen. I was able to locate your account from your forum information and have gone through some remote checks from here. 

We will need to get a technician to come and take a look - more than likely will need a replacement box DonnaBrace, but we want to take a look at the cabling too. I have booked an appointment for you which you can check via your online account. I understand you work during the day so if the slot is not convenient for you or someone over the age of 18 to be home, you can reschedule it via your online account also. 

If you have any issues locating the appointment or need help changing it, please do pop back and let us know. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie,

Thank you for your reply. My husband works from home but isn't on the account so he wouldn't be able to call the helpline for the account. 

Can you get an engineer to us sooner or send a new STB please? By the time the 24th comes around we won't have had a working TV for a week!

Kind regards,

Donna

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@DonnaBrace wrote:

Hi Katie,

Thank you for your reply. My husband works from home but isn't on the account so he wouldn't be able to call the helpline for the account. 

Sorry to interject here, and I may not be 100% right so don't quote me...but..... if your husband can quote the full name of the account holder as VM have it, and the account password, my understanding is that this is sufficient for third party authority.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi @DonnaBrace

I have already booked you a visit as per my reply above 🙂 

To check the timeslot, you just need to log into your online account  If you need to change it, that can also be done via the online account. 

Hope that helps 🙂 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You are indeed correct @japitts.

Also - for fault calls, DPA is not required. 

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie,

Yes thank you I saw you'd booked in an engineer. My query was could they come earlier than Tuesday as you appeared to have booked me in for the next available evening slot (because of my work in London). I wondered if a sooner day slot was available, but logging into the booking system shows me that Tuesday is the first available date 

I will speak to customer service about a discount for the month due to the lack of TV service. 

Kind regards,

Donna

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You can reschedule to any slot you see that is available Donna 🙂 Have you managed to change it to the earlier one now? 

Once everything is all back up and running, please feel free to pop back here and we can ensure the credits are applied. Will save you calling up 🙂

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos