cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Channel 5 catchup only audio description

dpwolves69
Tuning in

We have had this same issue with C4+1 for some months.

There doesn't seem to be a way to turn it off permanently, and I can see the issue has been brought up a few times now.

33 REPLIES 33

Yes, still got the same issue with AD.

Yes this issue is still happening. 

Thank you all and I am so sorry to hear that this is still happening! 

We have reopened the ticket with our teams as the issue is not resolved, we will update as soon as we can, hopefully with a resolve!

Thank you.

Hello,

We just wanted to quickly check in with you all and see if this is still happening?

Let us know 🙂

Dan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi Dan,

Just tried it and no change.

CH4+1 has AD On, switched it off, changed channel and then back and it was back on.

Dave

Hi,

Yes still the same for me, had to turn it off this morning.

Yes still happenkng for me too. In fact the audio description is really now worse as it's got a strange humming noise behind the person that's reading it and sounds like they are in a cave! 

Channel 4+1

Thanks for the updates, I have passed this back to the team to be investigated further for you.

We will come back with a response as soon as we have any updates.

Regards,

Steven_L

Lucy_B

Hi Everyone, 

We're still in the process of investigating this issue, so just wanted to check if you were still seeing issues with Audio Description?

Is this only happening on Channel 4+1?

If you are having this issue could you also let us know what area of the UK you're in? (please don't provide specific address details)

Thanks

Lucy_B

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

@Lucy_B wrote:

Hi Everyone, 

We're still in the process of investigating this issue, so just wanted to check if you were still seeing issues with Audio Description?

Is this only happening on Channel 4+1?

If you are having this issue could you also let us know what area of the UK you're in? (please don't provide specific address details)

Thanks

Lucy_B

Hi Lucy,

It was on Channel 4+1 only and I'm in the Dudley/Stourbridge area of the West Midlands.

This morning though AD was off on that channel. It does say the current programme doesn't have it but it does seem to be staying off though so fingers crossed it might be fixed for me at least...

I'll check again tomorrow or Friday and see if it's on again and let you know.

Many thanks